Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Before I die...do everything on my bucket list.

I have officially created a "bucket list", the things that I want to do before I die. And while all of these dreams and goals come from diverse angles, I truly believe that each one of them will challenge my life and the lives of many others in some way. Yea. Okay. So maybe that was a lie, and maybe I'm not MissHoityToitySaveTheWorldWithEveryBreathIBreathe. Hello, my name is Lahni Techau and I am an adrenaline/pleasure/do-random-things-just-to-say-I've-done-them junkie(with a healthy dose of compassion for others). Here we go...

Before I die...
I want to finish an entire coloring book.*I want to become YouTube famous.*Write and publish at least one book.*Get a small tatoo that means a lot.*Kiss at the top of a ferris wheel.*Make a wish at the trevi fountain in Rome(and while I'm at it, I might as well go for a swim).*I want to sleep under the stars and go skinny dipping *again*...because let me tell you, it is quite exhilerating and one time is certainly not enough for one lifetime.*I want to order dessert first at a restaurant.*Learn fluent sign language(One time this lady came through my grocery line and signed thank-you and I'm pretty sure my "your-welcome" was somewhat equivalent to the catholic hand thing they do before eating a meal...I never saw her again).*Make a cross country road trip(Mads, I'm so making this a trip to your house!!!).*Adopt a precious life.*Find the perfect wedding dress and a pair of perfect jeans would be nice too.*Learn a crazy complicated song on the piano.*Write my own song on the piano.*Stand under the Hollywood sign.*Ride a gondola.*Take someone else's drink at Starbuck's on purpose.*Take a homeless person out to dinner.*Master a British Accent.*Write something meaningful in wet cement.*Spend an entire day watching Disney movies.*Buy all of the gumballs out of a machine(even though I hate gum...I just think this would be really wonderful).*Change someone's life.*Go cliff jumping.*Witness a birth.*I want to open a small artsy coffee shop...the coffee might taste terrible because I know nothing about coffee except the fact that it is soincredibly good and that Starbuck's is the cause of my addiction...But none of that would matter because the atmosphere would be cozy and create the perfect setting for many special relationships and bonds to be formed, which is more important anyway and would make me happy...let me dream.*I want to build a blanket fort with someone I love.*Live to meet my children's children.*Say "I Do".*Lay down in a field of daisies.*Watch fireworks while swimming in the ocean.*Have my own star in the sky.*Carve my name into a tree.*Attend a masquerade.*Kiss in the rain.*Have someone win me a giant stuffed animal...I know, how cliche, right?*I want to cross a really scary rope bridge in the jungle.*I want to take cute kissing pictures in one of those photobooth thingies.*Have someone make me breakfast in bed.*Send a message in a bottle.*See a famous ballet.*Get ice-cream from an ice-cream truck(my mother never allowed such a luxury)*I want to ride in a hot air balloon.*Shoot a gun.*Run a marathon for a cause I'm passionate about.*Insert innapropriate bucket list item here.*Save a life.*Have an 11:11 wish come true.*Make a quilt.*Sing at a karaoke bar.*Hike a mountain.*Visit women from different cultures and learn from them.*Grow a garden and from it eat my own food.*Dance in the streets of a foriegn land.*Learn to listen more actively, paitently, and compassionately.*Sleep on an overnight train.*Forgive more.*Stop apologizing unnecessarily.*Have beautiful children with someone I love.*Create my own family traditions.*Renew my wedding vow's at my 10 year anniversary.*Wash someone's feet like Jesus did.*Cook an entire Thanksgiving meal from scratch.*Mud wrestle.*Love someone fiercely and passionately and grow old with them.*Witness an eclipse.*Learn to salsa dance.*Take a bike tour through wine country.*Go hunting(seriously, I live in Kentucky).*Go horseback riding along the beach.*Learn how to ballroom dance.*Ride a mechanical bull.*Go Zorbing(rolling downhill inside an inflatable ball).*Create a home with an inviting, joyous, comfortable, loving atmosphere.*Have a cozy small house with a breakfast nook.*Have fruit trees in my yard.*Be a spectator at the Sundance film festival.*Conquer my fear of putting the freakin' worm on the hook.*

Hellen Keller once said, "Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all". I think she was right.

2 comments:

  1. It's a great bucket list. I'm surprised to see that many of your items are also on mine. I hope you conquer them all. =)

    ReplyDelete