Pages

Friday, March 30, 2012

92 days Kensi.

Kensi,
In 92 days your name is going to be a mouthful. Kensi Duszynski. And while I personally think it has a nice ring to it, you need to realize that you are getting yourself into a lifetime of bliss... and name butchering. But the heart wants what the hearts wants and with a man like Evan and a heart like yours, I know you're going to take just about any string attached.

92 days Kensi. 92 days of "single lady" freedom, that's all you have left. Maaann that would freak me out. So here's some advice from your seventeen year old sister...enjoy every one of them because as soon as you say "I Do", Santa Clause will rejoice in making one less stop(JUST KIDDING).

Girl, you have nothing to worry about. 23 years are behind you and I was there for 17 of them and I know you have so much to bring with you into this next chapter of your life. Sister, you are so beautiful from the inside out and behold an unwavering glow that nothing in this life could destroy, but only make stronger. Watching you as a young girl I was enchanted by you, I thought you were the coolest person ever and you were my sister, what? And though we have had are many fallouts, some even in the past few years, nothing alters the way I percieve you, your heart just keeps getting bigger and bigger and it has been such a blessing to grow up with an older sister like you and watch you grow into a woman who holds fast to all your graces and inspiring qualities. And not only have you taught me and showed me important lessons, some without even saying a word, you planted a love for Hanson in the depths of my heart that my friends simply do not understand.

I remember when I was a little girl, every boy you came home with I thought was the one you were going to marry and so when it didn't work out I cried my little heart out. I'm not sure if I was genuinely sad for you or if I was sad my predictions were wrong, all I know is that I cried. And I remember watching out the window to see if whoever it was "opened the door for you" because that was so important to me and I may have wanted to see if there was any lip action. And my behavior cannot be condemned because mom and dad and the girls were one window down. Eventually you moved away to college so there was no need to look out the windows anymore and eventually I learned to stop poking my head around in the Lord's affairs concerning your love life. Kensi, I am so happy that you are happy and it has been a joy to watch yours and Evans story unfold throughout the years. I hope this next chapter in your life brings you just as much and even more joy than the last one. I can't wait to see what is in store for you all!

Now all you have to do is aim the bouquet in my direction and hope that I catch it... just because I am the youngest doesn't mean I'm going to be the last, I simply refuse it.

I LOVE YOU,
Lahni Blair

No comments:

Post a Comment